Catalyst Therapy & Training Centre offers professional and experienced help for people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. PTSD can have a significant impact on your everyday life, but things can get better.
All of the therapists at Catalyst Therapy are professional and experienced mental health practitioners, with additional experience in mental health education. We’re proud of our ability to help people who are suffering from PTSD.
What are the symptoms of PTSD?
PTSD, like any mental health problem, will affect everyone differently, but common symptoms can give an indication of post traumatic stress disorder in adults and children.
Common symptoms include:
- Repetitive and disturbing mental images or sensations
- Physical sensations including trembling, pain, sweating or nausea
- Emotional numbing through avoiding people, giving up old hobbies and becoming increasingly isolated and withdrawn
- Hyperarousal, a state of being extremely anxious and unable to relax
- Angry outbursts
- Inability to concentrate
Symptoms in children:
- A general loss of interest
- Stomach aches
- Head aches
- Separation anxiety from a parent or other adult
- Re-enacting traumatic events through play
What are the causes of PTSD?
PTSD can develop after an extremely stressful, distressing or frightening event, or after a prolonged traumatic experience. Often, people who’ve seen military combat, been violently assaulted or witnessed the brutal death of a loved one. If you’ve suffered from anxiety or depression in the past, or you don’t have a secure support network of friends and family, you may be more susceptible to developing PTSD following a traumatic event.
At Catalyst Therapy, we help you to concentrate on your life once more by helping you to overcome the causes and symptoms of post traumatic distress disorder.
If you think you’re suffering from PTSD, or a loved one is suffering, please call 01708 781 927 today to find out how we can help you.